Thursday, February 18, 2010

Confessions of A She-Fan, Jane Heller, 2009, Rodale, Inc.

Finally! A woman's perspective of being in love with the New York Yankees!
Being a die-hard Yankee fan myself, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Jane Heller's book. The prologue had me laughing out loud with tears in my eyes.

Her story is an indepth look at her true feelings and devotion to the team. Early in the 2007 season, Jane decides to divorce the Bombers on grounds of mental cruelty and writes an article that gets published in the New York Times. It receives all sorts of reactions from ardent sports lovers everywhere. So Jane decides to find out whether she is a fair weather fan. Her journey takes her to every Yankee game after the All Star break and she regales us with the stories of this journey.

A great humorous read with insight into all the aspects of baseball that she experiences. I truly could not put this book down.

Wonder how Jane felt in Oct., 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment